Thursday 6 March 2014

Lenten Thursday


Psalm 51: 1 - 2

Have mercy on me, O God,     according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.  (NRSV)

 

God forgives us each and every time that we sin.   Today, how will you forgive those who have hurt you in thought, word, or deed?  Today, how will you forgive yourself for those you have hurt in thought, word, and deed?

 

Prayer:    Divine Healer,  You love us  so much that You forgive us every time we hurt others in thought, word, or deed.   This day O LORD,  we bring before You those who have hurt us in thought, word, or deed…………  and we give to You their pain and anger. We give to You,  O LORD, our pain and anger so that You can turn us around to see Your loving arms giving us a big hug.   This we ask in Jesus’ name.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment