Friday 7 February 2014

Friday -


Prayer: Great God,  I give You thanks that I can come to You in prayer.  I give You thanks that I can ask for You to uncover my eyes to Your scriptures.  This I ask in Jesus’ name.  Amen.

            Read James  4: 10-12

Humbleness,  Repentance,  Forgiveness.  These verses state that every Christian must learn to be humble,  to always repent,  and to forgive.  This is what makes for a great Christian community.   However,  darn it all but we are human and we make bad choices which leads us  to not being humble,  to wanting to "stick it to that person",  and to wanting vengeance. 
Today spend time in prayer and ask God to help us recognize where in our life we are holding on to  vengeance  and  anger  and  pride-filled heart. 

Prayer:  Almighty and Everlasting God,  help me to be a servant to others this day. I open my heart and my life up to You.  Show me where I am holding on to vengeance and anger and a pride-filled heart, O LORD.  I lift these things up to You so that in Your healing,  You  once again renew my heart and soul to being humble... to being repentant.... to asking forgiveness.  Center me and heal me  and renew within me Your great strength and wisdom and love.    In Jesus’ name I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment