Saturday 14 December 2013

Saturday - Advent 2 - Prepare the way through Prayer


Advent is a time of preparation and waiting and listening and doing.   Today we will focus our prayers on listening to God.   Sit in a comfortable chair.    Begin by taking a few deep breaths in and out.  Focus upon your breathing as the love of God coming into your life.   Between each prayer phrase,  pause and allow the Holy Spirit to come upon you.

 

Great God,  teach me to listen to You when You call my name to bring comfort to Your people.

Comfort, comfort my people says the LORD.

Lord,  prepare me to listen to hear the voices in Your church and community that need Your love.  Let me bring them love.

The people living in darkness have seen a great light.

Lord,  open my ears so that I can hear the voices of those who have no voice – those living in wars and conflicts.  Let me be Your hands of justice and love.

The Spirit of the LORD will rest upon me – the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power,  the Spirit of knowledge and all with the  love of the LORD.

Lord,  teach me to listen to hear the voices of my family and friends.  Inspire me to harken to their needs.

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give me a spirit of unity as I follow Christ Jesus so that with one heart and mouth together we may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.    Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit  as it was in the beginning and as it is now during this time of preparing and waiting….world without end.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment