Wednesday 23 May 2012

Astounishing Wednesday

How did it get to be Wednesday so quickly?   Museum day yesterday was fabulous as always but lots of paperwork still needs to be accomplished.   An archealogy Professor at Brandon University is doing research on those who entered Brandon University and then enrolled in the Military for service during WW1.   What awesome research!   

Wednesday Retreat.....
Prayer:  Gracious God, fill my heart with faith in Your love so that with calm expenctancy, I may make room for Your power to possess me and gracefully accept Your will for me.  Through Jesus Christ our Saviour.  Amen.  (PCC The Book of Common Worship).

Read St. Matthew 17: 1 - 8

Six days after Peter and the disciples make their Confession of Faith,  Jesus takes Peter, James, and John up into the mountains.  Jesus takes time away for prayer.  As he is praying, Jesus is transfigured into bright sunlight.  Then Moses and Elijah appear and begin talking with Jesus.  Moses and Elijah represent the two great figures of the Old Testament.  Moses represents the law and Elijah represents the prophets of the Old Testament.
Peter says to Jesus, 'Lord, it is good for us to be up here.  If you wish, I will put up three shelters -- one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah".
As Peter is speaking, a voice from the cloud says, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.  Listen to him!" 
The disciples fall face down.  Falling face down is the proper stance for coming before God.  Remember that no human can look upon the face of God.
Jesus tells the three disciples to get up and not be afraid.  When the disciples finally look up, they only see Jesus.
God tells the disciples to listen to Jesus.  For the disciples and us today, this means to hear what Jesus syas, to accept what Jesus says, and to identify fully with what Jesus says.  As we all know, it is easy to listen to anything but it is also easy to forget when we just listen.  We learn more when we listen and put into action what Jesus asks us to do.

Prayer:  Please forgive me this day O Lord for the things I've left undone or the things I've left unsaid.  Please forgive me this day O Lord for the hurtful things I've said and for the hurtful things I've done.  In You is all forgiveness.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayson



      Thank you so much for the comment! Muchly and greatly appreciated.


      Thanks for the website on Read Your Bibles Church. I'll be diving into it tomorrow.

      It is so amazing to read what other people do to share the Good News.



      Many blessings

      Lorna

      Delete