Saturday 17 March 2012

Saturday - Lent 3

Happy St. Patrick's  Day to you all!    Isn't it interesting how we celebrate St. Patrick's day by wearing green.  We focus upon wearing green and all things Irish yet we forgot who St. Patrick actually was in history and what an impact he had on Sharing the Gospel to the Irish.   Through the call of God, 
St. Patrick had a huge influence upon Sharing the Gospel with the people of Ireland.  For over 30 years St. Patrick preached Christ in Ireland.  

As a young boy, St. Patrick was captured by the Irish from Britain.  After years of  being a slave - shepherd in Ireland he  escaped and went back to Britian where he became a Priest.  Then he was called by God to go back to the land of his captives.  Wow.   Talk about forgiveness!    And forgive he did!


Here is a portion of  St. Patrick’s famous ‘Confessions’.....   Pray through this prayer slowly
and think how you will share the Gospel of Christ with those you meet today.

I bind to myself today
God’s Power to guide me,
God’s Might to uphold me,
God’s Wisdom to teach me,
God’s Eye to watch over me,
God’s Ear to hear me,
God’s Word to give me speech,
God’s Hand to guide me,
God’s Way to lie before me,
God’s Shield to shelter me,
God’s Host to secure me,
Against the snares of demons,
Against the seductions of vices,
Against the lusts of nature,
Against everyone who meditates injury to me,
Whether far or near,
Whether few or with many.
Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me, Christ within me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ at my right, Christ at my left,
Christ in the fort,
Christ in the chariot seat,
Christ in the ship,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.       Amen.
(http://www.sacredspace.ie/     17 March 2012 Living Space)

What a great prayer to pray in order to prepare our hearts for Worship tomorrow!!!

Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment