Sunday 19 February 2012

Sunday School Sunday

Hurrah.  I received an e-mail yesterday asking if I could help out with Sunday School as one of the teachers got sick.    Of course I would help.    So instead of sitting in a pew and hearing the Word of God,  I will be helping the Sunday School sew the Word of God.  A change.   This Sunday is Transfiguration Sunday.... or as Presbyterians say, "There is going to be a change happening Sunday".     Presbyterians are often noted for not liking change but  change is part of the Good News.   We are changed and transformed inwardly and outwardly if we listen to the Good News. 

Bonus yesterday on CBC Radio Two... it was the Barber of Seville.  How great is that!  One of my all time favourite Operas.    

Thank you for your prayers for Old Son.  He is slowly getting better but has a long long way to go healthwise. The infections and then the Meds really did a number on him.    Please continue to pray for Old Son.  

Rejoice when what you have planned for the day ends up being totally different.  Today remember the Transfiguration of Jesus... a time of change and a time of glory.

Devotional......
Dear Jesus, I long for Your presence this day.   I come before You now  to clear my mind of all the things that battle for my attention. I humbly sit at Your feet asking You to minister to me through your word.  This I ask in Your name.  Amen.


Matthew  17: 1 - 9  

1-3 Six days later, three of them saw that glory. Jesus took Peter and the brothers, James and John, and led them up a high mountain. His appearance changed from the inside out, right before their eyes. Sunlight poured from his face. His clothes were filled with light. Then they realized that Moses and Elijah were also there in deep conversation with him.
 4Peter broke in, "Master, this is a great moment! What would you think if I built three memorials here on the mountain—one for you, one for Moses, one for Elijah?"
 5While he was going on like this, babbling, a light-radiant cloud enveloped them, and sounding from deep in the cloud a voice: "This is my Son, marked by my love, focus of my delight. Listen to him."
 6-8When the disciples heard it, they fell flat on their faces, scared to death. But Jesus came over and touched them. "Don't be afraid." When they opened their eyes and looked around all they saw was Jesus, only Jesus.
 9Coming down the mountain, Jesus swore them to secrecy. "Don't breathe a word of what you've seen. After the Son of Man is raised from the dead, you are free to talk."  (The Message)

Read through this scripture again,  jotting down any words,  phrases,  or thoughts that have leapt out as you listen for the voice of God speak to your heart.   Ask yourself, how is the Lord revealing Himself to you?

Quietly reflect on the words and phrases the Holy Spirit is emphasizing in your heart.    

Capture all you have meditated on and bring it as a prayer before God. Let your heart cry out with praise, confession, gratitude, sorrow, or comfort.


End your prayer time with this prayer……   Lord Jesus Christ,  Son of God,  let Your healing flow down upon me.   Lord Jesus Christ,  Son of God,  let Your healing spring up within me.  Lord Jesus Christ,  Son of God,  Let Your healing love enfold me.  Lord Jesus Christ,  Son of God,  let Your healing power flow through me.    Amen  (Fa Ted,  Western Society of the Common Life).

Many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment